New book pages: Beedle the Bard

I have added a new section to the Lexicon: our Reader’s Guide for The Tales of Beedle the Bard. None of us has seen the actual book, of course, and we can’t write a full and detailed Reader’s Guide. However, the new owner of the book, Amazon.com, has been releasing fascinating information about the five stories. I’ll update the pages as we learn more and as I get time. By all means read the reviews and see the pictures on the Amazon.com page about the book, which is linked on our pages. I know I speak for all of us when I say how grateful and excited I am that the book was bought by someone who wants to share as much of the book as they can with fans.

28 Responses to New book pages: Beedle the Bard

1. Clock_maker says:

Hurray!!! I thought the Lexicon had to close over the court thing. I am glad to know they are still up and running!

2. ascatal says:

clock the lexicon only had to cease workon publishing the book form of the lexicon the website to the best of my knowledge is uneffected by the court order

3. Mikkel Larsen says:

I too, am glad and relieved to see that you are not discouraged.
    I’ll go and look at the pages at once.
    Great to have you back.

4. aillinne says:

Yay! So you’re alive! :)

5. Moony =Luna Lupin says:

Between november 10th and december 15th, I sent some of you (staff members) some mails concerning little updates and thoughts. I hope, I didn’t spam you? We also know the core of the elder wand, Rowling mentioned it on her website in the extra stuff! I’m sorry, Mike, it isn’t chocolate. Yes, I too am hapy the lexicon’s back! Thanks so mich for the info and updates!

I’m glad you guys are back, I’ve missed your updates and witty humor. I love the new page it’s awesome!

7. Tin says:

Hi glad your back keep up the good work

8. Rhona says:

Yay, that’s good news. You only forgot one thing to publish. Rowlings website has been updated.

But I’m glad to hear that you will put information about beedle the bard on the lexicon site.

9. olivier says:

I am sure glad to have an update – like others I was worried that you were gone for good – or at least for a hell of a long time.
    I was on the amazon page, this book is marvellous, and the story they are talking VERY GOOD. I still hope that one day it will be published in a way of the Fantastic Beasts or the Quidditch for us common mortals. It’s just TOO good to be known by only a handfull of persons! Please, please JKR…

10. Elizabeth says:

Very good Lexicon! Just one thing — since The Tale of the Three Brothers is in DH, would it be possible to put the full story in the Beedle the Bard section? Just wondering.

11. Mikkel Larsen says:

Elizabeth: I think it would only be possible with Jo’s permission, which at this time may not be forthcoming. Not because of Steve’s and Jo’s relationship, but because of their sinister lawyers ;-). Hopefully it will all be over soon and without any lasting harm.

12. Clock_maker says:

Happy missed Birthdays to Hagrid, Bill adn Charlie

13. Aubry says:

You’re back!
    The updates are really good.
    But I thought y’all were going to update the Black Family Tree, too?

The Lexicon LIVES!!! I was even thinking about no longer checking daily, after such a long time. Y’all will have your hands full if and when you choose to update – the Elder Wand core and other stuff like that that Jo has revealed. By the way, any update on the lawsuit thing?

15. Kaz says:

It’s so exciting to have new books coming out!! But are they actually going to be printed? From the way Jo described it it sounded like the 7 original copies were actually written by her by hand. I hope that’s true because then everyone can have a printed copy eventually and the seven originals will still be the special ones!!!

16. Aubry says:

She did hand write the 7.
    She will never publish them.

17. hpfan1234578 says:

THE LEX LIVES! has another update on Amazon’s page. 2 stories, as a matter of fact.

18. hpfan1234578 says:

Sorry, posted incorrectly. I meant to say
    “Amazon has another BB update of 2 stories.”

19. Reader2 says:

Welcome back.

You’ve probably noticed that I’ve been snooping around all this time, sent you a few messages too.

I am sure relieved that you are still up and running.

Also, I’ve just read ALL FOUR stories of Beedle the Bard at the Amazon page.

Well, not exactly stories themselves, but their secod-hand versions, but I still enjoyed it.

I hope you plan adding the names and places from these stories to your site.

They provide more material than you would expect from fary tales.

20. Moony =Luna Lupin says:

I’d like to mention two little typo’s: on the page about the fountain of fair-fortune, you wrote offiste but you meant offliste, I think. On the u-page of who’s who, you wrote Dolorers Umbridge but you meant Dolores umbridge, you can find this typo by the picture Lisa Rourke made of this toadlike hag! But the updates are awesome and I’m so happy you’re back! Thanks so much!

21. Remi says:

I purchased the catalog of Beetle the Bard from Sotheby’s (I paid the 18 bucks for the privilege of holding the closest thing to the actual book). The pictures that are on the Amazon website are basically the same pictures that comprise the catalog. Jo does some really cute illustrations – you can tell she enjoys drawing almost as much as she likes writing. If I ever meet her, I now know what I’ll have her sign.

22. JK McGonagall says:

Lexicon is alive. Yea!!!! Now, when is the Floo Network going to change back from the Boo Network. They missed all of November, and December is going fast.

Thanks for the update, Steve.

Kay

23. Northerner says:

I think it is about time that some of the material on this page are archived, since the page is quite large by now.

24. JJB says:

Huzzah! Huzzah! Welcome back! Missed you all. Sorry I missed the discussion-that-would-have-been for the birthdays and the other updates To Jo’s site. But here’s Beadle the Bard and lots new to absorb and canonize.

Okay, the BB books each have their own semi-precious gemstone. The Amazon one is moonstone. What are the other six and to whom did they go?

25. Yebsakin says:

John (Noe) got a diamond one according to the podcast.

26. JJB says:

My bad, as they say. Diamond is definitely precious, not merely semi-precious. I thought I read or heard the stones were semiprecious. As if the gifts need any further enhancement–talk about gilding the lily. So, are the others Hogwarts stones–ruby, sapphire, emerald, and yello possibly topaz stones?

27. roonwit says:

For those of you new to Pottercast, don’t believe everything John Noe says. And I think after this latest episode you can extend that to not believing stuff Jo addresses to John Noe either. We do know the stones are semi-precious, (and therefore not diamonds) because Jo says so on her website in the News article on Beedle the Bard.

Yeah, I find it kind of hard to believe that Jo would give a copy to John Noe and not Melissa and Emerson…and Steve, despite their conflict.