Canon Portkey - Help
Intro | Getting started | Searching | Exploring | Tag
& icon search | Your Account | FAQ | Feedback
& comments | Return
How to use the Explore Page
The Explore page allows you to delve into your selected Event and presents
you with all the information and resources from the Lexicon related to your
- Characters and Settings Tab - Lists the Principal Characters,
Setting, and Timeframe of the Event. The Links also allow you to do a further
search of the Portkey for those items.
- Location in Canon Tab - Tells you which page in the books you can find
- Readers' Guide Tab - Takes you to the Lexicon's Reader's
Guide for staff commentary on that particular chapter.
- Timelines and Calendar Tab - Displays the Timeline for that particular
event, as well as timelines for related events. This tool will help you put
the Event in perspective by showing you the other events that occurred at
about the same time. You will also find links to Day-by-Day Calendars in
- Image Gallery Tab - Displays images associated with the entry you are exploring,
as well as artist information for the said images.
- Related Resources Tab - Displays links to other tools that may be of interest
to you, including JKR quotes from our sister site, Accio Quote!
- Reference Tools Tab - Displays links to the entry, tags, and copyright
information. You can also add tags to an entry using the link in this tab.
- Do a search and
pick an event you want to tag.
- Click on the event citation (ie: SS: chapter 11, pp. 181-182)
- Click the "Reference tools" tab, and under the staff tags look
for "You have not created any tags for this record. Would you like to
- Click "tag this," and a box for tags will appear.
- Type your tags, separating them with commas. Spaces are allowed. For example,
I tagged Chapter 12 of Book 1 with: longing, love, memory, life, death
Marking favorite events
- Do a search
- Click on the gray heart for
every event you want to bookmark. If it turns red ,
it has been saved to your account.
Created 6 May, 2007; last updated 7 May, 2007.