Today I worked on the character timelines, as they are the backbone for any future work. So far, I have updated:
- Dumbledore, Albus
- Dursley, Dudley
- Malfoy, Draco
- Snape, Severus
I also updated Hermione’s page and found a groovy new portrait of Xenophilius Lovegood by Red Scharlach.
In case you’re interested, here are my proofs on dates for the Dumbledore family. “Rita” refers to information from Rita Skeeter’s book, “Doge” refers to information from Doge’s article, and “Aberforth” refers to information from his account to Harry:
- Albus born July or August (Rita) of 1881 (JKR)
- Aberforth born in 1883 (11th birthday after September) or 1884 (11th birthday before September) (see #4)
- Albus began HW 1892. (firm if Rita is right about time of birth)
- Aberforth began HW in 1895 (firm); therefore he was born 1883 or 1884 to have been 11 in September of 1895. (Doge)
- Albus graduated in 1899 (firm) when he was “approaching his 18th b-day”(DH18) Aberforth would have just finished his 4th year and been 15 or 16. (see #4)
- Kendra dies early summer 1899 the day before Albus and Elphias were about to leave for tour. (firm; see #5)
- After Kendra’s death Albus cares well for Ariana until GG comes “a few weeks later;” (Aberforth) Albus is still 17 (Rita). GG is traveling after being expelled at the age of 16 from Durmstrang so he’s just a little bit younger.
- When it is “nearly time” to go back to HW (August?), Aberforth confronts Albus (Aberforth), and Ariana is accidentally killed — she is 14. Rita says that GG had been there less than 2 months.
- If Albus was 17 when Ariana died she was 3 years younger than he when she died.
- If Albus was 18 when Ariana died (I think he was by then) she was 4 years younger than he when she died.
- Ariana was born 1884 (birthday Sept-Dec) or 1885 (birthday Jan-August) to have been 14 in August of 1899
- Contradiction: Doge says that he left for his tour after Kendra’s funeral and that “toward the end of a year” of travels, he learned that Ariana died too. Did he just hear of it late? If so, how would there have been time for the correspondence Doge speaks of?