I think the title is a misnomer. Rather than being entirely about “a year,” we get a nice look at Jo’s roots with highlights of events from 2007. Among these are the moment she finishes Deathly Hallows (January 11), the hand off of the manuscript to her agent, a meeting of the worldwide publishers, footage of the book being printed, the OotP film premiere, the book launch at the Natural History Museum (and bits from world launches), at home baking in her kitchen for her son David’s birthday, and at a planning session for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park.
- it is lovely to see Jo with her sister Di joking about old photographs,
- a stronger sense of place for towns where Jo spent her childhood,
- she is franker than I can remember about her relationship with her father,
- watching Jo draw the family trees of Harry and his friends,
- the wrenching scene in her old flat in Leith.
What were your favorite bits, or observations?
Update: There is an official video online now for everyone to view! Thanks Bander!