"Interesting effect ...Who used the Furnunculus Curse?"
-- George Weasley, commenting on Crabbe's strange pimples (GF36)
References from the canon
- When Harry shouts "Furnunculus!" in a fight with Malfoy, the spell hits Goyle and causes "great ugly boils" to appear on his nose (GF18).
- This spell is called by two different names:
- Referred to as the "Furnunculus Curse" by George Weasley when Malfoy's gang was zapped by several students on the Hogwarts Express (GF36).
- Listed as "Pimple Jinx" with the incantation "Furnunculus" in Curses and Countercurses by Vindictus Viridian (Pm)
- When Harry's Pimple Jinx mixed with George's Jelly-Legs Jinx, tentacles sprouted on Crabbe's face (GF36).