As you may know, part of the reason we were hurrying to get the new Lexicon online was because, for the first time in nine years, Potter Fans all have something worth getting us to a bookstore at midnight. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, the script of the two part play which has been in previews in London for the last months, will be released at midnight this Saturday night (Sunday Morning). Most of us here at the Lexicon have very fond memories of midnight release parties as each new book in J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series hits the shelves, and it has been just over nine years since the last time we’ve gotten to attend one. Now that we have “The Eighth Story” as Jo likes to call it, bookstores around the world are once again throwing midnight release parties.
With the new Lexicon up and running with a large and active staff, we thought we’d let you know the parties that some of us were going to. If any of you are going to any of these same parties, we look forward to partying with you and hundreds of other fans of the Magical World. If you don’t live near any of these parties, don’t let that stop you from joining in the fun. For those of you in the USA, Scholastic has a list of places hosting parties. Our friends at Mugglenet have a list as well, including indicating which ones will have Mugglenet staff members in attendance.
Here are the parties that Lexicon Staff Members are planning on attending (This post will be edited if any additional staffers let us know where they are going, so please check back if you don’t see a place near you):
- Steve Vander Ark (Founder and Senior Editor): Barnes & Noble Rivertown Crossing, Grandville, Michigan, USA
- Steve will be live-streaming from the event! Watch for more information.
- Nick Moline (The Tech Wizard): Barnes & Noble Stevens Creek, San Jose, California, USA
- Patricio Tarantino (Designer of the new Lexicon): Kel Ediciones (Belgrano R branch), Buenos Aires, Argentina
- ibid (Editor): Books of Wonder, New York, New York, USA
- Erin Trites (Editor): Barnes & Noble Burlington, Burlington, Massachusetts, USA
- Brianna Charlot (Editor): Books a Million, Findlay, Ohio, USA