Dumbledore left a letter on the Dursley’s doorstep with baby Harry. In it he explained that her sister Lily had died, and if she accepted Harry into her home, she would seal the magical bond of blood between them. Her nephew would be safe on Privet Drive until he turned 17. Although resentful, Petunia accepted Harry as part of the family, although she always favored her own son, Dudley.
Petunia gets her first letter from Dumbledore
Date November 2nd, 1981
Location in Canon PS1
Type of Event Array
- Dunbar Oglethorpe is born
- Dustbin commotion at the home of Mad-Eye Moody
- Fudge, Flitwick, McGonagall, and Madam Rosmerta discuss Sirius Black at the Three Broomsticks
- Harry breaks up with Ginny in order to protect her
- Harry learns that Snape was the one who told Voldemort about the prophecy
- Hermione arrives at Grimmauld Place for the holidays
- Sixth-years practice changing the color of their eyebrows, Ron and Hermione mock each other
- The defeat of the Appeal Against House-Elf Slavery
- : Petunia gets her first letter from Dumbledore
- : Dean Thomas's boggart turns into severed hand
- : Searches of Regulus and Sirius' Rooms.