Wormtail was able to follow the instructions I gave him, which would return me to a rudimentary, weak body of my own, a body I would be able to inhabit while awaiting the essential ingredients for true rebirth ... a spell or two of my own invention ... a little help from my dear Nagini ... a potion concocted from unicorn blood, and the snake venom Nagini provided.
-- Lord Voldemort (GF33)
In his unnatural quest to achieve immortality, Voldemort has used three different potions:
- Unicorn blood was used in the Forbidden Forest to keep Voldemort alive while his spirit form possessed Professor Quirrell.
- The potion that kept Voldemort alive from the time Wormtail returned to him until he could be reborn consisted of unicorn blood and snake venom milked from Nagini (GF1), (GF33).
- The potion to restore Voldemort to his body – June 24, 1995: bone of his father, blood of his enemy, flesh of his servant (GF32). The incantation which Wormtail recited was: “Bone of the father, unknowingly given, you will renew your son! Flesh of the servant, willingly sacrificed, you will revive your master. Blood of the enemy, forcibly taken, you will resurrect your foe.”
- unicorn blood and snake venom
- human blood, flesh, and bone
Magic Type Curses Dark Magic Healing magic Potion making Transfiguration
View 0 thoughts swirling around the pensieve. Add your own.