This arboreal creature resembles a cross between a monkey and a frog. (FB)
- It has mottled green smooth skin. (FB)
- The Clabbert has short horns and a wide grinning mouth. Its long arms and webbed hands and feet allow it to move gracefully through the trees. (FB)
- On the Clabbert's forehead is a large pustule which flashes red when the Clabbert senses the approach of danger, including Muggles. (FB)
- American wizards used Clabbert's as warning devices for approaching muggles, however the International Confederation of Wizards has introduced fines to stop this.
- Originated in Southern states of America before being exported worldwide. (FB)
"clabber" Scottish and Anglo-Irish dialect word for mud, soft dirt, wet clay; as a U.S. dialect word, it means to curdle (as in turning milk sour) (NSOED).