The Muggle-Repelling Charm keeps Muggles away from the target place or object.
References from the canon
- The Quidditch World Cup Stadium had Muggle-Repelling Charms all over it; if Muggles got anywhere near it, they would suddenly remember some appointment they were late for and hurry off (GF8).
- Various wizarding schools such as Durmstrang may have Muggle-Repelling Charms on them to prevent discovery (GF11).
- Orion Black put "every security measure known to wizardkind" on Grimmauld Place, so we may assume this was one of them (OP6)
- One of the protective charms cast by Hermione on the campsite (DH14).
- Muggle-Repelling Charms will not keep the unmagical from seeing the kelpie (Loch Ness Monster) or the Pogrebin, a Russian demon that has a head like a rock and follows humans. Large dragons and the Yeti are also problematic (FB).
Magic Type Charms Concealment Historical magic
Incantation Repello Muggletum
Pronunciation re-PEL-oh MUG-ul-tum
"repello" L. to repel + "Muggletum"
View 0 thoughts swirling around the pensieve. Add your own.