Keeps Muggles away from the target place or object.
The basic spell for repelling something starts with “Repello” followed by the correct Latinate word for the object or objects (e.g., people) to be repelled.
References from the canon
- The Quidditch World Cup Stadium had Muggle-Repelling Charms all over it; if Muggles got anywhere near it, they would suddenly remember some appointment they were late for and hurry off (GF8).
- Various wizarding schools such as Durmstrang may have Muggle-Repelling Charms on them to prevent discovery (GF11).
- Orion Black put "every security measure known to wizardkind" on Grimmauld Place, so we may assume this was one of them (OP6)
- One of the protective charms cast by Hermione on the campsite (DH14).
- Muggle-Repelling Charms will not keep the unmagical from seeing the kelpie (Loch Ness Monster) or the Pogrebin, a Russian demon that has a head like a rock and follows humans. Large dragons and the Yeti are also problematic (FB).
"repello" L. to repel + "Muggletum"