Two Dementors attack Harry and Dudley in an alley in Little Whinging. The Dementors show up just as Harry is frightening Dudley by pretending to perform magic. The Dementors, we find out later, had been sent by Dolores Umbridge (OP32). After Harry saves his cousin and himself (he successfully conjures a Patronus on his third try), Mrs. Figg finds them (OP1).
- : Voldemort is reborn
- : Moody's true identity is revealed
- : A dementor destroys Barty Crouch Jr.
- : Cleansweep Eleven is released
- : Conversation in the broomshed at The Burrow
- : Harry Potter's 15th birthday
- : At some point during the day, Dudley Dursley beats up 10-year-old neighbour Mark Evans for "cheek"
- : Dementors attack Dudley and Harry
- : Reaction to Harry's Patronus Charm
- : Harry leaves Privet Drive and flies to number twelve, Grimmauld Place
- : Mundungus Fletcher brings stolen cauldrons to Grimmauld Place
- : Willy Widdershins enchants Muggle toilets
- : Harry's disciplinary hearing
- : The Ministry of Magic passes Educational Decree 22
- : Hannah and Ernie become prefects
- : Ron and Hermione become prefects
- : First day of Harry's fifth year