"Draco Malfoy, the amazing, bouncing ferret."
- Ron (GF13)
A weasel-like animal kept as a pet.
- Someone wrote to the Daily Prophet's Problem Page to ask if the Ministry would look the other way if he turned his brother's children into blood-sucking ferrets (the answer was 'no') (DP)
- Buckbeak enjoys a plate of dead ferrets (PA14).
- Mad-Eye Moody once turned Draco into one (GF13).
- Mortlake was taken away for questioning about some extremely odd ferrets (CS3).
- During the practical portion of the Transfiguration O.W.L., Hannah Abbott turned her ferret into a flock of flamingos, temporarily halting the test (OP31).
- Brother Benedict, a Franciscan monk, wrote about his account with a giant talking ferret, but his account was attributed to too much turnip wine. It is likely he actually encountered a Jarvey (FB).
The name 'ferret' is derived from the Latin furittus, meaning 'little thief.'