Reverse of Reducio, or the Shrinking Charm
Spell which causes the target to swell in size.
References from the canon
- The twins placed an Engorgement Charm on the Ton-Tongue Toffee that they "accidentally" dropped in front of Dudley (GF4).
- Kevin, the little wizard boy in the World Cup campground, was casting an Engorgement Spell (or something very similar) on a slug (GF7).
- Hermione suspected that Hagrid has used an Engorgement Charm on his pumpkins (CS7).
- The fake Moody used an Engorgement Charm on each of the three spiders he had bought to class to demonstrate the Unforgivable Curses (GF14).
- Harry cast this on a spider to practice with his wand (DH20).
- In an alternate timeline following the use of the Experimental Time-Turner, Albus Potter demonstrates the Engorgement Charm to Scorpius Malfoy before they go through the pipes from Myrtle's bathroom into the Lake (CC2.19). Having travelled back in time for the second time, Albus and Scorpius then use the charm on Cedric Diggory during the Second Task of the Triwizard Tournament (CC2.20).
- Scorpius Malfoy discusses with Professor Snape, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley what spells he and Albus Potter had used to change time - so that they can be reversed, one being the Engorgement Charm (CC3.7, CC3.9).
"engorger" Fr. swallow greedily