Binding or Fastening spells create chains or ropes to restrain someone or something.
References from the canon
- Dragon keepers used this magic to drive stakes into the ground to fasten the dragons to (GF19).
- The chair in the Court of Magical Law magically restrained the accused using ropes (GF30, OP8).
- Snape fired "thin, snakelike cords" from his wand to bind Remus Lupin in the Shrieking Shack (PA19).
- Pettigrew bound Harry to the tombstone of Tom Riddle with a binding spell (GF32).
- Charity Burbage was confined with invisible bindings at Malfoy Manor (DH1).
- A Death Eater bound Ron with magical ropes in the café (DH9).
Magic Type Dark Magic Magical effect Magizoology
Incantation Incarcerous, Brachiabindo
From the Web
"Incarcerous Spell" from Harry Potter Wiki
View 0 thoughts swirling around the pensieve. Add your own.