Spells which fasten chains or ropes to restrain someone or something.
References from the canon
- Dragon keepers used this magic to drive stakes into the ground to fasten the dragons to (GF19).
- The chair in the Court of Magical Law magically restrained the accused using ropes (GF30, OP8).
- Snape fired "thin, snakelike cords" from his wand to bind Remus Lupin in the Shrieking Shack (PA19).
- Pettigrew bound Harry to the tombstone of Tom Riddle with a binding spell (GF32).
- Charity Burbage was confined with invisible bindings at Malfoy Manor (DH1).
- A Death Eater bound Ron with magical ropes in the café (DH9).
Magic Type Magical effect
Incantation Incarcerous, Brachiabindo