"Neville, ...I'm really, really sorry about this."
-- Hermione Granger, performing the Full Body Bind on Neville Longbottom (PS16)
Turns the entire body of the victim rigid.
References from the canon
- Hermione cast this spell on Neville with profuse apologies when he tried to stop them from going after the Philosopher's Stone. She referred to it as the Full Body Bind as well as using the incantation (PS16).
- Referred to by Harry as the Body-Bind Curse (PS17).
- Harry watched his father James perform the spell on a young Severus Snape in a pensieve memory (OP28)
- Used by Harry on Dolohov during the battle of the Department of Mysteries (OP35)
- Cast by Dumbledore on Harry as a nonverbal spell during the Battle of the Tower (HBP27, HBP28)
- Cast by Harry on a brutal-faced Death Eater and on Fenrir Greyback (HBP28).
- Fred Weasley said, while waiting in dress robes in the hot sun for the wedding guests to arrive, that when he got married, all of them could wear what they liked, and he'd put a full Body-Bind Curse on Molly Weasley until it was all over (DH8).
- Hermione cast this spell at Antonin Dolohov in the café (DH9).
"petrificare" L. to make into stone + "totalis" L. entire