Incantation: Sends thick ropes out of thin air to wrap around someone or something.
This could be the incantation for other binding spells.
References from the canon
- Umbridge used this spell on Magorian the centaur, which prompted the rest of the centaurs to attack (OP33).
- Harry used this spell on Inferi in the cave (HBP26).
- Harry tried and failed to cast this on Snape during Snape's departure from Hogwarts (HBP28).
- Newt Scamander silently made a "crackling rope of supernatural light" to capture Percival Graves so his true identity of Gellert Grindelwald could be revealed (WFT).
- The adult Draco Malfoy uses this incantation during his duel against Harry Potter (CC2.13).
"incarceratus" L., past participle of "incarcerare", from in- + carcer prison
View 0 thoughts swirling around the pensieve. Add your own.