"Hermione seized Harry's arm and dragged him across the [Entrance] hall to the door of a broom closet..."
The Entrance Hall is located on the ground floor of Hogwarts. Main features of the Entrance Hall include the wide, marble staircase and the double door entrance to the Great Hall. The house points hourglasses are located in the Entrance Hall.
Details of the Entrance Hall:
- "Hermione seized Harry's arm and dragged him across the [Entrance] hall to the door of a broom closet..." (PA21)
- "Harry could hear the drone of hundreds of voices from the doorway to the right...but Professor McGonagall showed the first years into a small, empty chamber off the hall." (PS7) (the Great Hall is on the right when you come in the front doors)
- "Feeling oddly as though his legs had turned to lead, Harry got into line behind a boy with sandy hair, with Ron behind him, and they walked out of the chamber, back across the hall, and through a pair of double doors into the Great Hall." (PS7) (the antechamber is across the hall from the doors to the Great Hall)
- "When they spotted Crabbe and Goyle coming out of the Great Hall, Harry and Ron hid quickly behind a suit of armor next to the front door." (CS12)
- "By far the hardest part was hiding them in the [broom] closet across the hall." (CS12)
- "Instead of going up the marble staircase, Cedric headed for a door to its right. Harry stood listening to him going down the stone steps beyond it, then slowly he started to climb the marble ones." (GF17) (to the Hufflepuff common room)
- "She turned left at the bottom of the staircase and hurried toward the door through which Cedric Diggory had gone...He and Ron followed Hermione down a flight of stone steps..." (GF21) (to the kitchens)