'Are they doctors?' he asked Ron quietly.
'Doctors?' said Ron, looking startled. Those Muggle nutters that cut people up? Nah, they're Healers.'
Healers are the doctors of the Wizarding world (OP23, 30, TBB/FFF). At St. Mungo’s, they wear lime green robes with an image of a crossed bone and wand (OP29). To become a Healer, students must achieve a N.E.W.T. of at least an E in Herbology, Transfiguration, Potions, Charms, and D.A.D.A. (OP29).
Notable Healers include:
- Bonham, Mungo: lived 1560-1659, founder of St. Mungo’s (FW)
- Derwent, Dilys: St. Mungo’s Healer, 1722-1741, later Headmistress of Hogwarts (OP22)
- Pye, Augustus: Trainee Healer in the Dai Llewellyn Ward (OP22)
- Smethwyck, Hippocrates: Healer-in-Charge of Dai Llewellyn ward (OP22)
- Spleen, Helbert: Healer at St. Mungo’s who also writes an advice column in the Daily Prophet (DP3)
- Strout, Miriam: Healer in the Janus Thickey ward, who let the fatal Devil’s Snare cutting in under her guard (OP23, OP25)
- Gunhilda of Gorsemoor: lived 1556-1639, created cure for dragon pox (FW)
- Lancelot: Cousin of Auntie Muriel, a Healer at St. Mungo’s at the end of the nineteenth century, and reported to Muriel that Ariana Dumbledore had never been brought in (DH8)