Harry: "Are they doctors?"
Ron: "Doctors? Those Muggle nutters that cut people up? Nah, they're Healers." (OP22)
Healers are the doctors of the Wizarding world (OP23, 30, TBB/FFF). At St. Mungo’s, they wear lime green robes with an image of a crossed bone and wand (OP29). To become a Healer, students must achieve a N.E.W.T. of at least an E in Herbology, Transfiguration, Potions, Charms, and D.A.D.A. (OP29).
Notable Healers include:
- Bonham, Mungo: lived 1560-1659, founder of St. Mungo’s (FW)
- Derwent, Dilys: St. Mungo’s Healer, 1722-1741, later Headmistress of Hogwarts (OP22)
- Pye, Augustus: Trainee Healer in the Dai Llewellyn Ward (OP22)
- Smethwyck, Hippocrates: Healer-in-Charge of Dai Llewellyn ward (OP22)
- Spleen, Helbert: Healer at St. Mungo’s who also writes an advice column in the Daily Prophet (DP3)
- Strout, Miriam: Healer in the Janus Thickey ward, who let the fatal Devil’s Snare cutting in under her guard (OP23, OP25)
- Gunhilda of Gorsemoor: lived 1556-1639, created cure for dragon pox (FW)
- Lancelot: Cousin of Auntie Muriel, a Healer at St. Mungo’s at the end of the nineteenth century, and reported to Muriel that Ariana Dumbledore had never been brought in (DH8)