A spell to create fire.
References from the canon
- Arthur Weasley used this to start a fire in the Dursleys' fireplace (GF4).
- Used by a Death Eater to set fire to Hagrid's cabin (HBP28).
- Hagrid started a roaring fire in the hut-on-the-rock without a wand (PS4) (PS/f depicts this incorrectly)
- Wormtail started a fire under the cauldron in which Voldemort was reborn (GF32).
- Albus Potter sets fire to his Hogsmeade permission form - and surprises himself as it is not usually a spell he can perform successfully (CC1.4).
"incendo" L. to set fire to