Hogwarts has many fireplaces. The fireplaces at Hogwarts are not usually connected (Pm).
- Professor McGonagall's office has a fireplace with a mantelpiece (CS8). This fireplace can be connected to the Floo Network when neccessary (HBP18).
- While in hiding, Sirius Black talked to Harry by means of a wizard fireplace (GF19).
- Snape used a powder thrown into the fire in his office fireplace to contact Lupin and ask to speak to him (PA14).
- When the Ministry wanted to spy on all communication in and out of Hogwarts, they employed the Floo Regulation Board to monitor the Hogwarts fires (OP27, OP28).
- Harry took a risk and spoke to Sirius, Lupin and Kreacher through the fireplaces at Hogwarts anyway (OP28, OP29, OP32).
- During Harry's first Divination class, the Divination classroom was “stiflingly warm” due to the fireplace being lit to heat “a large copper kettle”, which gives off a “sickly” perfume (PA6).