The Griffin is a strange creature with the front body of an eagle and hindquarters of a lion. Griffins eat raw meat (FB).
Godric Gryffindor, the founder of Gryffindor house, may have gotten his name from this beast.
- Griffins are used to guard treasure (FB).
- A griffin with an injured beak resided in Newt Scamander's basement menagerie. Its enclosure bore a sign instructing Newt's assistant, Bunty, to change its bandages every day (CG).
- There is a statue of a griffin in a corridor in Hogwarts near the girls' bathroom where Harry, Ron, and Hermione faced a Mountain Troll (PS10).
- The door to the Headmaster's office has a knocker in the shape of a griffin (CS11).
- The Strengthening Solution potion includes powdered griffin claw (OP17).
The griffin is a legendary creature which appears in the mythology of many cultures, including Greek and Persian. (Wikipedia)
The griffin-shaped knocker on the door of Dumbledore's office may be a pun on Gryffindor's name (literally a "griffin-door").
From the Web
"Griffin" from Harry Potter Wiki
View 0 thoughts swirling around the pensieve. Add your own.