"We have to be very careful about how we travel at the best of times."
-- Arthur Weasley to Harry Potter (GF6)
A department of the Ministry of Magic which has responsibility for wizard transportation and travel methods
Head: Percy Weasley, by 2014 (Pm:QWC)
- Basil, worked the Portkey terminus for the 1994 Quidditch World Cup (GF7)
- a wizard in a tweed suit and galoshes, also at the Portkey terminus with Basil (GF7)
- Madam Edgecombe, Floo Regulator (OP27)
- Wilkie Twycross, Apparition Instructor (HBP18)
Main Offices: level six of Ministry of Magic Headquarters (OP7)
This is the Department that handled the complicated problems of transporting people to the World Cup, including setting up a network of Portkeys all over Britain and working out where it was safe to Apparate into the area without being seen (GF6).
Offices within the Department include:
- The Apparition Test Centre (OP7) administers the test and provides instructors for apparition lessons.
- Broom Regulatory Control (OP7) oversees broomstick safety.
- The Floo Network Authority (OP7) controls the Floo Network; the Floo Regulation Panel (GF4) controls the connections of fireplaces to the Floo Network.
- Portkey Office (OP7) is in charge of authorising and registering Portkeys (OP3, OP36)