The first meal of the day, eaten in the morning.
The breakfast tables at Hogwarts usually contain:
- bacon (CS6, GF28, OP27, pm)
- butter (OP26)
- corn flakes (OP19), called cereals
- coffee (OP13)
- eggs (CS6, GF15, GF28, GF31, OP27 (scrambled), HBP9 and HBP18 (fried)
- fried sausages (PS11, PA6, HBP12)
- fried tomatoes (PA6)
- kippers (CS6, GF28, OP12, HBP11, HBP30)
- marmalade (PS8) and jam (GF13)
- milk (CS6)
- orange juice (GF15, OP12)
- porridge in turreens (PS8, CS6, HBP9)
- pumpkin juice (HBP14)
- rolls (CS16)
- salt (OP26)
- tea (HBP14)
- toast (PS8, CS6, GF13, GF16)
The morning meal "breaks the fast" of the previous night (Wikipedia)
The breakfast served at Hogwarts resembles a full English breakfast. According to Wikipedia, the traditional full English includes bacon, eggs (fried, poached or scrambled), tomatoes, mushrooms, toast with butter, sausages and baked beans, served with a mug of tea or coffee. These days, most British people will eat a full English breakfast during the weekend only.
The Scottish breakfast also contains porridge, like at Hogwarts. Fish (like kippers) used to be common at breakfast, but is consumed less often these days. Also, elements of a continental breakfast, like orange juice, cereals and jam are included. The mushrooms and baked beans are excluded from the breakfasts at Hogwarts, though.