"Urtica Dioica, the stinging nettle. Useful in potions, delicious in soups, and said to give you glosssy hair. I wouldn't know, or care."
-- Zygmunt Budge (BoP)
Nettles are a mundane stinging plant used in boil-cure potion and other remedies. They were also gathered in Queerditch Marsh for nettle tea (QA3)
- On Harry's first day in Potions class the class had to weigh dried nettles for the Boil Cure Potion (PS8).
- Nettle wine was one of the bottles in Snape's Potion Riddle to keep students away from the Philosopher's Stone (PS16)
- Nettles were found in the Forbidden Forest where Grawp lived (OP30).
- Nettles grew all around the Gaunt House (HBP10).
- Nettles are found growing under the gate to the Dumbledore House in Godric's Hollow where James and Lily Potter lost their lives to Voldemort (DH16).
- Nettles are food for Glumbumbles (FB).
- According to legendary Potioneer Zygmunt Budge, nettles make a "fine soup," can be used to make hair glossy, and are also used for wound care. (BoP).
- The stinging spines are the reason for the nettle's alternate name: "burn hazel" (BoP).
Nettles are used in the Boil Cure Potion and Herbicide.
View 0 thoughts swirling around the pensieve. Add your own.
Tags: boils cooking drinks ingredients liquids plant plants stings tea wine