"The ball doesn't fly or anything. I just wanted to see what it felt like."
-- Alasdair Maddock (DP1)
The Prophet reported that Maddock, a Chaser for the Montrose Magpies Quidditch team, had been spotted practising headers with a Muggle football in Dorset. He had previously been suspended from the team for employing techniques from the Muggle game of basketball during a game against the Caerphilly Catapults (DP1).
This is the first in a series of articles where we learn about Alasdair Maddock and his fondness for Muggle sports:
- Magpie Chaser "Only Tried Football for a Laugh" (DP1),
- Maddock blamed for Kestrels' win (DP2),
- Mugglemaniac Maddock must quit Magpies, says McLeod (DP3).
Lexicon list of British and Irish Quidditch Teams
Although the date printed on the first Daily Prophet Newsletter (DP1) is 31 July 1998, the timeframe for this event is 1992-1993.
From the Web
Writing by J K Rowling on Pottermore: The Daily Prophet
- The British and Irish Quidditch League
- British and Irish Quidditch teams to support
- Quidditch collection
Harry Potter Wiki: Montrose Magpies