"The Chasers throw the Quaffle and put it through the hoops to score. So -- that's sort of like basketball on broomsticks with six hoops, isn't it?"
-- Harry Potter and Oliver Wood's first Quidditch discussion (PS10)
The Chaser is the Quidditch player who passes the Quaffle, trying to throw it through the goal hoops; there are three on a Quidditch team.
Each goal scored by a Chaser is worth ten points (PS10).
- The practice of “Stooging“, where more than one Chaser enters the scoring area, was outlawed in 1884.
- Two other fouls that can be committed by Chasers are Haversacking and Quafflepocking.
Chaser moves in the modern game of Quidditch include (QA10):
Some famous Chasers:
- Darren O’Hare, credited with the Hawkshead Attacking Formation (QA7)
- Joscelind Wadcock, Puddlemere United Chaser who has a Famous Wizard card (FW)
- Petrova Porskoff, known for the Porskoff Ploy (QA10)
- Alasdair Maddock, who loves Muggle sports (DP1, DP2, DP3)
- Ginny Weasley, Gryffindor Quidditch Team, Holyhead Harpies and Sports Correspondent for the Daily Prophet (HBP11, BLC, Pm)
- Wilda Griffiths, who crossed Gwenog Jones and subsequently disappeared during a Quidditch match (DP4)
- Dragomir Gorgovitch of the Chudley Cannons, who holds the record holder for the most Quaffle drops in a season (DH7).
Players list: Chasers
Although the dates printed on the Daily Prophet Newsletters are:
the timeframe for these events is 1992-1993.
From the Web
Writing by J.K. Rowling on Pottermore:
Pottermore collection: Quidditch
Harry Potter Wiki: Chaser