"The Chasers throw the Quaffle and put it through the hoops to score. So -- that's sort of like basketball on broomsticks with six hoops, isn't it?"
-- Harry Potter and Oliver Wood's first Quidditch discussion (PS10)
Quidditch player who passes the Quaffle, trying to throw it through the goal hoops; there are three on a Quidditch team.
- Each goal scored by a Chaser is worth ten points (PS10).
- After a foul, a Chaser takes the penalty shot one-on-one against the Keeper (QA6).
- Chaser moves in the modern game of Quidditch include (QA10):
- Hawkshead Attacking Formation
- Parkin's Pincer
- Porskoff Ploy
- Reverse Pass.
Notes and interesting facts:
- The ancient title of the Chaser was "Catcher" (QA3).
- The practice of "Stooging", where more than one Chaser enters the scoring area, was outlawed in 1884 (QA6).
- Two other fouls that can be committed by Chasers are Haversacking and Quafflepocking (QA6).
- Chaser Dragomir Gorgovitch of the Chudley Cannons holds the record holder for the most Quaffle drops in a season.... (DH7).