"Does Hermione Granger prove that a witch really can have it all? (No, look at her hair.)"
-- Rita Skeeter, Daily Prophet, 8 July 2014 (Pm)
Wasp-penned journalist Rita Skeeter reported on the loves, lives and rivalries of the former members of Dumbledore's Army as they got together to watch the Brazil v Bulgaria final match in Argentina (Pm).
Memorable lines include (Pm):
- "He [Harry Potter] continues to wear the distinctive round glasses that some might say are better suited to a style-deficient twelve-year-old."
- "The jury is out on whether she [Ginny Weasley] really had the talent or experience to be sent to the Quidditch World Cup (jury's back in — no!!!)."
- "Was he [Ron Weasley], as he stated at the time, 'delighted to assist my brother George with a business I've always loved'? Or had he had his fill of standing in Potter's shadow?"
- "Idle gossip suggests that she [Hannah Abbott] and her husband [Neville Longbottom] both enjoy a little more Ogden's Old Firewhisky than most of us would expect from custodians of our children."
- "Her [Luna Lovegood] twin sons are 'at home with grandpa'. Is this a euphemism for 'too disturbed to be seen in public'? Surely only the unkindest would suggest so."
- "Teddy Lupin — a lanky half-werewolf with bright blue hair — has been behaving in a way unbefitting of wizarding royalty.... Mr and Mrs Bill Weasley might like to know that their beautiful, blonde daughter Victoire seems to be attracted to any dark corner where Master Lupin happens to be lurking."
- ".... for those who want to know exactly how imperfect they are, my new biography: Dumbledore's Army: The Dark Side of the Demob will be available from Flourish and Blotts on July 31st."
Notes and interesting facts (Pm):
- Hermione Granger's rise through the Ministry of Magic to Deputy Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement was described as "meteoric" and she was "tipped to go even higher within the Ministry".
- Percy Weasley was the Head of the Department of Magical Transportation.
- There was a rumour that Hannah Abbott, who was landlady of the Leaky Cauldron, had retrained as a Healer and would be applying for the post of Matron at Hogwarts, where her husband Neville teaches Herbology.
- Luna Lovegood was wearing colourful robes in the campground consisting of the flags of all sixteen qualifying countries for the Quidditch World Cup sewn together.
Rita Skeeter continues with her character assassination of the members Dumbledore's Army reporting alongside Ginny Weasley during the minute-by-minute coverage of the final match on 11 July. Sparks may fly!
From the Web
Screenshots of the Daily Prophet's coverage of the 2014 Quidditch World Cup: http://imgur.com/a/AXutv