The Ivory Coast team was a participant in the 2014 Quidditch World Cup.
- The team mascots, river genies, started the opening ceremony of the 2014 games with a display of formation dancing. They had nothing to do with the disaster that ensued when other teams’ mascots joined in.
- Although they lost to Norway (340 to 100) in the first game of the competition, Chaser Elodie Dembélé, aged only 18 and a name to watch for the future, scored seven of Ivory Coast’s ten goals. Their Seeker, Sylvian Boigny, was beaten to the Snitch in the 128th minute (Pm).
Although Ivory Coast have fielded teams in the Quidditch World Cup, there are not any Quidditch or other wizarding sports teams listed in their Wikipedia entry (Wikipedia).
From the Web
Writing by J.K. Rowling on Pottermore:
- History of the Quidditch World Cup
- 2014 Quidditch World Cup reports
- 2014 Quidditch World Cup final
- The Daily Prophet
Pottermore enhanced reading experience: Quidditch World Cup
Screenshots of the original Daily Prophet coverage of the 2014 Quidditch World Cup on Pottermore: Imgur archive
Harry Potter Wiki: Ivorian National Quidditch Team