The Fijian National Teams are from the country of Fiji in Oceania, an area in the Southern Pacific Ocean.
The Fijian Quidditch team were in the playoffs of the 2014 Quidditch World Cup held in Argentina (Pm).
- Their team mascots, the Dukuwaga, were involved in terrifying and horrific incident at the opening ceremonies.
- During their match played against Nigeria, Beaters Quintia Qarase and Narinder Singh were outclassed by their Nigerian counterparts. The Fijian Seeker, Joseph Snuka, controversially caught the Snitch, ending the match while the team was still behind, and sending them out in the first round. Team manager and trainer Hector Bolobolo was not pleased at this result (Pm).
Although Fiji was a participant in a Quidditch World Cup, Wikipedia has no mention of a Quidditch or other wizarding sports team (Wikipedia).
From the Web
Writing by J.K. Rowling on Pottermore:
- History of the Quidditch World Cup
- 2014 Quidditch World Cup reports
- 2014 Quidditch World Cup final
- The Daily Prophet
Pottermore enhanced reading experience: Quidditch World Cup
Screenshots of the original Daily Prophet coverage of the 2014 Quidditch World Cup on Pottermore: Imgur archive
Tags: brooms / broomsticks competitions/competitors dangerous international mascots match Quidditch history sports teams