- The sport of Quidditch is thought to have been brought into New Zealand in the 1800s by European wizards on herbological discovery expeditions (QA8).
- Causing the NZ Ministry of Magic headaches enforcing the International Statute of Secrecy, some Maori art from the time clearly depicts European wizards playing Quidditch (QA8).
- Quidditch teams from New Zealand are reknowned for the speed of their play and crowd-pleasing showy tactics (QA8).
- The New Zealand National Team were participants at the 2014 Quidditch World Cup (Pm).
- Their Chaser, Dennis Moon, was sent off in the 106th minute after a collision with his rival Bogomil Levski (Pm).
- Only 21 at the time of the 2014 Quidditch World Cup, New Zealand's Seeker, Ngapo Ponika, was beaten to the Snitch by Viktor Krum (age 38) (Pm).
- Charlie Baverstock, the team manager, expressed his anger in colourful Antipodean fashion after the defeat by Bulgaria (Pm).
Although New Zealand has a long Quidditch history and has participated in Quidditch World Cup matches, there are no wizarding sports listed on its Wikipedia page (Wikipedia: New Zealand).
From the Web
Screenshots of the Daily Prophet's coverage of the 2014 Quidditch World Cup: http://imgur.com/a/AXutv