"IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN HAITI"
-- on a t-shirt worn by the Welsh National Team's manager Gwenog Jones (Pm)
- The team mascots, Inferi, caused havoc during the tournament’s opening ceremonies when they tried to capture and devour anyone who had fallen over during the riot.
- Known players on the 2014 team were Jean-Baptiste Bloncourt, Beater; Clairvius Hyppolite, Chaser; Sylvian Jolicoeur, Seeker; and Lenelle Paraison, Keeper.
- Haiti forfeited their first round match against Brazil while trailing by only 100 points to 90, due to a controversial – and illegal – Snitch capture by Bloncourt (Pm).
Although Haiti fielded a Quidditch World Cup team in 2014, no wizarding sports are listed on their Wikipedia entry (Wikipedia).
From the Web
Writing by J.K. Rowling on Pottermore:
- History of the Quidditch World Cup
- 2014 Quidditch World Cup reports
- 2014 Quidditch World Cup final
- The Daily Prophet
Pottermore enhanced reading experience: Quidditch World Cup
Screenshots of the original Daily Prophet coverage of the 2014 Quidditch World Cup on Pottermore: Imgur archive
Harry Potter Wiki: Haitian National Quidditch Team