"IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN HAITI"
-- on a t-shirt worn by the Welsh National Team's manager Gwenog Jones (Pm)
The Haitian National Teams are from the country of Haiti in North America.
The Haiti were participants in the 2014 Quidditch World Cup in Patagonia, Argentina (Pm).
- The team mascots, Inferi, caused havoc during the tournament’s opening ceremonies when they tried to capture and devour anyone who had fallen over during the riot.
- Known players on the 2014 team were Jean-Baptiste Bloncourt, Beater; Clairvius Hyppolite, Chaser; Sylvian Jolicoeur, Seeker; and Lenelle Paraison, Keeper.
- Haiti forfeited their first round match against Brazil while trailing by only 100 points to 90, due to a controversial – and illegal – Snitch capture by Bloncourt (Pm).
Although Haiti fielded a Quidditch World Cup team in 2014, no wizarding sports are listed on their Wikipedia entry (Wikipedia).
From the Web
Writing by J.K. Rowling on Pottermore:
- History of the Quidditch World Cup
- 2014 Quidditch World Cup reports
- 2014 Quidditch World Cup final
- The Daily Prophet
Pottermore enhanced reading experience: Quidditch World Cup
Screenshots of the original Daily Prophet coverage of the 2014 Quidditch World Cup on Pottermore: Imgur archive
Harry Potter Wiki: Haitian National Quidditch Team
Tags: capture dangerous errors hits international mascots sports teams