The Welsh national teams are from Wales (one of the four countries that together are the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland).
- During the qualifying rounds of the 1994 Quidditch World Cup competition, the Welsh National Team lost to a team from Uganda (GF5).
- The World Cup tournament of 2014 was held in the Patagonian desert of Argentina and Wales was one of the last sixteen countries in the competition (Pm).
- The named players from this team were: Eurig Cadwallader (Seeker), Iefan Rice and Darren Floyd (Beaters) and Jackie Jernigan (a Chaser) (Pm).
- The manager of the Welsh team, Gwenog Jones (formerly of the Holyhead Harpies), lived up to her volatile reputation, exhibiting bad behaviour throughout (Pm).
- On 22nd May 2014 the Welsh team played against the national team from Germany, winning by 330 points to 100 (Pm).
- However, Wales fell out of the tournament after a loss of 460 points to 300 at the quarter-finals stage to the Brazil National side on 4th June. The match was very bad-tempered and Gwenog, who had been threatening to curse the face off of the Brazilian manager, José Barboza, for remarks he had made previously, did so in front of startled crowds (Pm).
As a result of her antics at the 2014 Quidditch World Cup tournament (as reported by Ginny Weasley), Gwenog Jones may be imprisoned (Pm). This is not the first time Gwenog has been in trouble with authority (DP4).
Although Wales has played matches in more than one Quidditch World Cup, there are no wizarding sports teams mentioned on its Wikipedia page (Wikipedia: Wales).
From the Web
Screenshots of the Daily Prophet's coverage of the 2014 Quidditch World Cup: http://imgur.com/a/AXutv