Nigeria were participants in the 2014 Quidditch World Cup in Argentina (Pm).
- The team mascots were the vampiric Sasabonsam, who injured spectators and players during the opening ceremony riots.
- Team members included Aliko Okoye and Mercy Ojukwu (Beaters); and Samuel Equiano (Seeker).
- The team fly on Thunderbolt VII brooms, made in Manchester.
- In their first match, Nigeria overwhelmed Fiji by a score of 400 points to 160.
- They lost to Japan by 270 points to 100 in the quarter-finals – a shock result as Nigeria had been joint favourites to win the tournament. The failure of their Thunderbolt VII brooms played a large part in the defeat (Pm).
Although Nigeria were in the quarter-finals of the 2014 World Cup, there are not any Quidditch or other wizarding sports teams listed on its Wikipedia page (Wikipedia).
From the Web
Writing by J.K. Rowling on Pottermore:
- History of the Quidditch World Cup
- 2014 Quidditch World Cup reports
- 2014 Quidditch World Cup final
- The Daily Prophet
Pottermore enhanced reading experience: Quidditch World Cup
Screenshots of the original Daily Prophet coverage of the 2014 Quidditch World Cup on Pottermore: Imgur archive
Harry Potter Wiki: Nigerian National Quidditch Team