- Beaters: Connolly and Quigley
- Chasers: Moran, Mullet and Troy
- Keeper: Barry Ryan - One of Ron Weasley's saves for the Gryffindor Quidditch team was favourably compared to a spectacular save Ryan had made against the Polish National Team (OP19).
- Seeker: Aidan Lynch - He was fooled by Bulgaria's Viktor Krum into a steep dive which ended in his being ploughed. Lynch needed treatment the resultant injuries during the match (GF8).
Notes and interesting facts:
- A Quidditch match was played in 1385 in Lancashire by an Irish side against an English side. The Irish were run out of town after displaying skills with a Quaffle that had never been seen before (QA8).
- The players on the Irish National team that won the Quidditch World Cup in 1994 were all named after friends of J K Rowling (JKR).
- The 1994 team won while flying Firebolt racing brooms (PA4, GF8), the same broom that Harry Potter received as a mystery Christmas gift during his third year (PA11).
Although Ireland won the 1994 World Cup and has Quidditch teams that play in the British and Irish Quidditch League, there is no mention of Quidditch or any other wizarding sports on its Wikipedia page (Wikipedia).