"May I also take this opportunity to wish Puddlemere United the best of luck next season."
-- Albus Dumbledore in "Quidditch through the Ages" (QA)
Robes: recently changed from mud brown (DP1) to the current blue with two crossed gold bulrushes
Team anthem: “Beat Back Those Bludgers, Boys, and Chuck That Quaffle Here“
- Albus Dumbledore is a fan of this team (QA)
- Manager: Philbert Deverill (DP1, DP2)
- Joscelind Wadcock - famous Chaser (FW)
- Wilda Griffiths - Chaser who joined Puddlemere from their traditional rivals, the Holyhead Harpies, for a large fee (DP2). Thanks to Griffiths, Puddlemere moved from fifth in the league (DP1), to fourth in the league (DP2), then third (DP3) and finally second - before she mysteriously disappeared the amidst chaotic scenes during the grudge match against her former team at Ilkley moor (DP4).
- Benjy Williams - Seeker, whose capture of the Snitch while fans were rioting won the game against the Holyhead Harpies (DP4).
- Oliver Wood joned the reserve team after leaving Hogwarts (Summer 1994) (GF7).
- The team anthem "Beat Back Those Bludgers, Boys, and Chuck That Quaffle Here" was recorded by the singing sorceress Celestina Warbeck to raise funds for St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries (QA7).
- A letter of complaint from Grugwyn Rufford was received by the Daily Prophet because they published a long article about Puddlemere United's new flying team bus (DP1).
- Manager Philbert Deverill denied that the team were investigating "chameleon cloaks" during an interview about the team wanting to change its image (DP1).
- For the match against the Wigtown Wanderers on the Yorkshire moors, fans were asked not to cheer too loudly, as Muggles had noticed (DP1).
- Puddlemere fan Timothy Blenkinsop considered himself to be "lucky to have escaped with just this tail" during the riots that broke out during the grudge match against the Holyhead Harpies (DP4).
In the library book "Quidditch Through the Ages" the team's robe colour is stated to be navy-blue (QA7), but articles in the Daily Prophet state that the team will be changing from mud-brown to kingfisher blue robes (DP1, DP2)
Puddlemere is in an unknown location.
Although the dates printed on the Daily Prophet Newsletters are DP1: 31 July 1998, DP2: 8 February 1999, DP3: 1 June 1999 and DP4: 1 October 1999, the timeframe for those events is 1992-1993.